Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Good Laugh Is Sunshine in the House: A Comedy Promo

I have never attended the Fringe Festival but that is only because I did not know it existed. I feel kind of cheated that this has been happening in my area and I have missed out.
I love laughing and I do it often. I surround myself with friends that know how to find amusement in the everyday. At least once a week I make myself laugh so hard I cry. Usually it is something stupid that when I tell others about, they politely smile and back away. What I enjoy even more than laughing at my own inside jokes is watching live comedy. It amazes me that some people are so funny that they are paid just to make people laugh. I admire their ability.
I am lucky to live in an area that has really great comedy venues. My personal favorite is The Brave New Workshop It is a Saturday Night Live type skit comedy show. The actors are hysterical, the drinks are cheap, and the themes are pretty clever. If you also enjoy laughter and comedy shows, you should check it out.
Ok so back to my original point. My colleague/friend Sam has inroduced me to the Fringe Festival. The webiste will do a better job of explaining it than I can. There are over 150 shows being offered over a ten day period. They are held at venues all over the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area. Sam's show is called Sarah, Your Ovaries Are Drying Up: The Musical. It was rated by the Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine as one of the top shows to see this year! I have seen a few sneak previews and It looks really funny!! There are five show times running between August 1st and August 9th. Check it out on the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment