Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Simple Inspiration: Voices of Experience























Today I will leave just a few quotes. I find reading these inspires me and makes me feel connected to the literary world. It is comforting to know that everyone struggles. The difference is that even in their struggle the words find themselves so beautifully on the page.

"One must be drenched in words, literally soaked in them, to have the right ones form themselves into the proper pattern at the right moment."
-Hart Crane

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart"
-William Wordsworth

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-Anton Chekhov

"Please write again soon. Though my own life is filled with activity, letters encourage momentary escape into others lives and I come back to my own with greater contentment."
-Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey

"The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and all time."
-George Bernard Shaw

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know."
-Ernest Hemingway

"You cant' wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club."
-Jack London

"Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so slightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners."
-Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment