Friday, May 21, 2010

LAST DAY: A New Chapter

What are the flowers for you? Well, remember when I said I would have some news for you?...

I have accepted a position as an academic advisor! I am beyond happy to write about this. I have wanted to for quite awhile. Today is my LAST DAY in this job. I don't think it's really settled in. I have daydreamed about this for over a year now. All of the stress and frustration that this job, and more honestly this boss, has caused- is over in a few hours!! I try not to use this blog to complain so I haven't mentioned much about it but seriously, not having this presence in my life anymore can do nothing but wonderful things for me and those around me.

My entire team is in the same place with these feelings and this is why I am the fifth person to depart from this team in a month!! If that doesn't send a message, nothing will.

The flowers - right- are a congratulatory gift from a coworker/friend who deeply understands what leaving this team really means. Deep sigh of relief! To make things better, not only am I excited to leave this job but I am equally excited for the job that is waiting for me. I can not wait to see what the next chapter brings!

OK, I have to run to my last day lunch celebration!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So excited for you. I've been thinking about you every morning on the way in. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete