Monday, February 3, 2014

Relaunch: Guest Post

It is my first post of 2014! I'm not even bothered by the fact that it is February. The new year has been exciting and busy and full of possibility. My expectations for this year are high and I want to have this space to share all that I can. One of my resolutions is to recommit to this blog. With that, I am kicking off this year with a week of guest posts!

The first one is from my smart, stubborn, funny, beautiful, little lawyer sister. She knows more about style than anybody I know. She is the only person I am featuring that does not have a blog of her own. She could, but that's not really her thing. The post was emailed to me in response to her finding out that I do not own a pair of black dress boots. If you need to shop for boots (and really, who doesn't??) then you need to read this! Thanks Traca!

Tracey and I all dolled up.
 Here are some options to get you started. They vary in price, but a good pair of boots usually don't come cheap (the cheaper boots typically have fake leather so read descriptions if you're curious). 

Keep in mind that often the calf circumference can be a problem (at least for me because I think I have muscular calves) and I usually think it is kind of hard to find a boot that fits well. Some newer styles now make boots where the back of the calf is fabric/elastic so you don't have to worry about the circumference. 

Also it is a good idea to read reviews and do a Google search to make sure you are getting the best deal.  

All this searching makes me want to buy new boots too!  Based on this analysis of potential boots and what to watch for, I would say I may have done too much boot shopping in the past.

http://www.amazon.com/Ivanka-Trump-Womens-Abbott-Leather/dp/B007O0D4PC/ref=sr_1_25?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1390595382&sr=1-25&keywords=riding+boots+black
 











No comments:

Post a Comment