Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Summer List: Recent Favorites

Emaline's favorite book of the summer.

As I mentioned, the summer has been full. When time begins to not feel like my own, it is important to find a little balance. The easiest outlet has always been to read or write. Recently, a friend of mine was on maternity leave and mentioned what a lifesaver podcasts had been for her. The next day another friend who was transitioning from grad school to work, made a similar comment. And so I started paying more attention. And I have discovered a few that I love. Long drives, mowing the lawn, Emaline's nap time. I am hooked.

And sometimes at the end of the day, all I want to do is turn on a movie. We have been watching Peep Show but sometimes I want something with a little more weight. I have found a number of incredible documentaries on Netflix.

I have been asked to send along a list, so here it is. My absolute favorites right now are:


Book:
A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

Podcasts: 
Ted Radio Hour
Slow Your Home
Magic Lessons
The Tim Ferriss Show
And as always, This American Life 

Netflix:
On the Way to School
180 Degrees South
Austin to Boston
20 Feet From Stardom
Bill Cunningham New York

Please share your favorites in the comments section of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment