Friday, March 4, 2016

Devote Yourself: March Forth


Today is the only day of the year that is a command. I know that because it is also my wonderful friend Erica's birthday. She wrote a guest post here and I wrote about her here. Her birthday on this day makes so much sense. Quotes about being brave and travelling have a tendency to remind me of her. She knows how to move through life and embrace each new experience. It is something I truly admire. Happy birthday dear friend!

What are you doing to march forth in your life?




Nick was working on our taxes today and filed me as an official business. Pretty cool!

Also, the other day my SIL Elise (whose Etsy shop is here) and I submitted an application to sell cold press coffee at the Portsmouth farmer's market. Cross your fingers that Lula Cold Press will debut this summer!

And finally, I have mentioned briefly before that I serve as a volunteer board member for a group called YP4M. It is a junior board for Big Brothers Big Sisters

Because you've probably heard of BBBS but maybe don't know exactly what they do or who they are, I'll share this snippet from their website:

For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.

And YP4M functions in support of this mission. The biggest way we contribute is to put on one large fundraising event each year- the Stiletto Sprint. It is a 40 yard dash in high heels in the middle of downtown to raise money and awareness for a great cause. We rely on corporate sponsors, race registrations, and general donations to reach our goal. And the money goes a long way to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of New Hampshire. 

All of this to say that I am excited and so grateful to be working on such wonderful projects!










No comments:

Post a Comment