Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Great and The Terrible: Books for Her


Emaline was not feeling well last night so we are taking it easy today. After reading a thousand books, she just fell asleep. She loves books! If she is having a moment I can almost always break her out of it by telling her to pick out any book she wants and that I will read.

A few of her favorites (that we love too) are:

  1. 10 Little Fingers and 10 Little Toes
  2. Dear Zoo
  3. How Do I Love You
  4. Brown Bear
  5. Little Owl's Night
  6. The Day the Crayons Quit
There are so many lovely, creative, thoughtful stories. 

And then there are the ones that make me shake my head. I can't take them out of rotation because she enjoys them and really that's what matters. But after reading them over and over, I have to share!

For example the popular Goodnight (Insert name of state). Terrible! The writing is dry and unimaginative. And in case you thought your state was special, buy a second state and discover the similarities. 
Minnesota on left, New Hampshire on right.

New Hampshire on left, Minnesota on right.


The people who wrote these books are genius in that they are obviously successful- But come on! Try a little! 


And I have to mention nursery rhymes. Emaline loves them! Itsy Bitsy Spider and Wheels on the Bus are her favorites but there are a few in her Real Mother Goose book that don't seem quite so classic.




What are some of your favorites? Any that drive you crazy?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment