Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Putting It All Together: Winter Favorites

My wedding shoes!! My friend Alair is always well dressed and so I asked her for recommendations of places to look for wedding shoes. Within five minutes she sent me a picture of my shoes. They are the ones. I just knew it. When she first found them, the price was more than I could allow myself to spend but after another minute of searching, she found them for a much better price. I'm in love.
We also got our Save the Dates and despite my overcritical eye (of my picture) I am very happy with them!

Every one of these little steps brings us that much closer to the picture of what our wedding will look like.

On Saturday I am going bridesmaid dress shopping with my future sister in law and Nick's Dad's girlfriend. We are going back to where I got my dress as that was such a wonderful experience. I'm really looking forward to having that piece of the day come together. On that topic if anyone has a recommendation for a jewelry store or Etsy designer I should look at, please let me know!

Outside of wedding updates... I am getting excited for the holidays. Last weekend we spent a night in Stillwater. It is a small town bordering between Minnesota and Wisconsin. It sits right on the river and is lined with mom and pop shops and bed and breakfasts. It is forty five minutes away and it feels like another world. We bundled up and walked through the shops looking for Christmas presents. Nick being the engineer that he is brought a small note pad with him and made lists of who we are buying for and ideas for presents. I think it's absolutely adorable when he does things like that.

The store where we spent all of our time and by time I mean money are the bookstore and the Olive Oil Company. Best balsamic I have had outside of Italy. Blueberry flavored balsamic, yes please!

Also TimTams are back on the shelves at Target! Go now and stock up. The best is chocolate creme.

                  TimTam Slam Recipe:
1. Take one timtam and take small bites out of either end.
2. Using your favorite hot drink (coffee etc), dip one end of the bitten timtam into the glass and suck like a straw through the other end.
3. When liquid comes through, quickly lift the timtam out of the mug and place in mouth.
4. Enjoy!

Lastly, sometimes I wish I just lived inside an Anthropologie store. I adore so many of their clothes and have been spending way too much time scrolling through their clothes.

Also if you need a pick me up check out this, this, and this.

No comments:

Post a Comment