Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Always on Tuesday: Cuts

Despite my downer topic, I will only add pictures that bring hope or peace because with every darkness, there has to be light waiting to shine through.

There has been an interesting turn of events. I have tried to post on here a number of times in the last week but I keep getting pulled away.

I have so many things to share but I will start with the one that is most pressing, most obvious, and the most unavoidable.

Last February, our company went through layoffs for the very first time. They were painful and sad. The company is small enough and I have been here long enough that the relief of keeping my job is minimal. I will know who they let go, not just the names but some are friends with families.Sometimes I wish I could lay myself down- take me instead.

It is important for me to know "who" as soon as I can and to share the names. It is not their fault that they are being let go. It is a tough economy and difficult business decisions, and not about the person. Sharing the names, once confirmed, is acknowledging that they were here and that they are not anymore.

Today should hopefully be the last day of this.

1 comment:

  1. It's a sign. It's all a sign! That's all I have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete